#2 Round Up your stuff
What to Bring to our Pasture (I.e. what we accept at the Cowalina Sale)
Pretty near everything udder the sun for your herd and your home on the range
• Up to 500 items per cowsignor
• The whole cow-moo-dle must be clean and in udderly great shape
• Babies through junior; also women and moo-ernity (moo-re details below)
• Shoes: babies through adults
• Toys: indoor and outdoor (Need a cash cow? Outdoor toys are very cowveted!)
• Books, DVDs & Moosic – CDs
• Equipment for calves brand moo to the herd
• Sports equipment – get your moove on!
• Dancewear & gear
• Room and Home Decor
• Do moo get the idea?
Breeds of clothing accepted year-round
• Long-sleeved tees
• Khaki pants
• Dress-up clothing & cowstumes
Bring to our pasture, cownditionally:
.• Toys (indoor and outdoor)
• If battery-operated, ensure they work properly
• Include all parts and pieces for each item
• 3-item limit for stuffed animals unless battery-operated or a licensed character (E.g. Clarabelle Cow or her friend Mickey Mouse)
• Women’s clothing: 10 items per cowsignor. Bring only be-moo-tiful name brand items or active wear.
• Maternity clothing: 10 items per cowsignor
• Junior clothing: 10 items per cowsignor
• Children’s clothing: No item limit, but discount brands from Walmart, Kmart, etc. must be in moo-velous condition and in style. Higher cowliber brands will bring you more moolah!
• Moo-stly perfect clothing. Got a great item with one moo-niature flaw? When you tag, mark the lowest price – $3 – and type MOOSTLY PERFECT on the top line with the item description on the second line.
• Cloth diapers must be brand moo or in moo-velous condition, i.e. laundered and bleached
• Cribs – only if manufactured after June 28, 2011
• Car seats
• Less than 5 years old and never in a fender-bender
• Socks or underwear – only brand-moo in package
Leave at the Barn
(i.e. what NOT to bring to the Spring/Summer Cowalina Sale)
• Clothing of an udder season (E.g. sweaters, coats and winter holiday wear)
• Vacation/camp tops or shirts with messages inappropriate for calves
• Used underwear or socks
• Used udder pumps
• Used pacifiiers
• VHS tapes
• Moo-vies or moo-sic not appropriate for the eyes and ears of calves
• Hospital-issued diaper bags or blankets
• A bad moo’d (we’re a happy herd)
#4 Tag It!
Paramoo-nt points for tagging time
only white or light pastel cardstock paper (#60-67) – NOT COPY PAPER!
• Barcode tags must be clear; smudged or splotchy barcodes cannot be read by scanners.
• No writing or marking on tags
• Include cowsignor number on all items with a piece of masking tape.
• Use ONLY safety pins to attach tags to clothing (or use a tagging gun).
• PRICING suggestion: ⅓ – ¼ of the original price, depending on cowndition. Items in higher demand may sell for more moolah.
• Check the “Discount” tab if you would like an item to be marked at 50% on the final sale day.
• Check the “Donate” tab if you would like to donate an item if unsold.
• For pants and skirts, pin tags to the top rung of hangers only – not to the bottom!
• Hang clothing items with hooks facing left and tags on the right cowrner (see pic below)
• Moo-stly perfect clothing: got an amoo-zing item with one moo-niature flaw? When you tag, mark the lowest price – $3 – and type MOOSTLY PERFECT on the top line with the item description on the second line.
• Sort items by size and gender before drop-off!
• Whoever drops off your items must kindly cow-operate by helping Cowhands place all your items on the sales floor
• Keep all USC Gamecock items separate for a USC display
• Keep all Clemson Tigers items separate for a Clemson display
• Got farm-themed items (E.g. toys, books, etc.?) Keep them separate for a “Life is Butter on the Farm” display
Cowtipping : Hay there, need a hand?
• If so, a rarin’-to-go teenaged cowhand would be pleased to carry in items for drop-off while you tend to your calves – in exchange for a small “cow tip.” In a bind and need a cowhand to place items on the floor for you? Swell! We can cowculate the time required so that you can give a young cowhand an appropriate tip.
2:00 PM – 8:00 PM